Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

South Padre Sand Jars

In October my family and I made our first trip to the ocean. It was amazing!  I had never seen anything so beautiful in my life!  While we were there we gathered some amazing seashells and some of the beautiful sand.  When I came home I came up with this great idea to make these jars for my kids to give to their teachers as gifts to share their time and experience at the Gulf Coast.  I got the jars at Hobby Lobby (where I get most of my stuff since thats all we have locally) then I added the sand and placed the shells where I wanted them and added some twine to the top with hot glue. Then I made tags using a spray paint that I've had for a while that looks like sand and some glimmer mist. Here are a couple of pictures of the finished product. :)


0 comments: