Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tim Holtz Challange


I've been out of the crafting loop for a while. I moved from Ft Hood Texas to Ft Huachuca Arizona over Christmas break. So needless to say I've been busy setting up house and all that fun stuff! During our move my mom gave me a large tote of old pictures she inherited from her mother when she passed away years ago so I spent 3 weeks or so scanning old pictures and negatives with a new scanner my husband bought me for Christmas. So the last couple weeks I've been making paper and fabric flowers for an album I want to make my mom with all these old photos that she gave me. When I came across the challenge that Tim Holtz was holding I decided to put together something that I have been wanting to try anyway and submit it for the challenge.

I made two different kinds.  The first was made using Crackle Paste and the other with Fiber Paste.


Crackle Paste Flowers made with Golden Crackle Paste


 
This flower takes time. I cut the flowers using my tattered floral die out of heavy cardstock.  I used Stampin Up Cardstock because that's what I had on hand. Two each of the large, medium and small flower.  Then I covered it with Golden brand Crackle Paste and let dry over night.  Then I used Tim Holtz distress stain in peeled paint, broken china, vintage photo, and worn lipstick to color them spraying with water to make the colors blend together.  Next I dried them with my heat tool. Then I sprayed them with a matte acrylic sealer to make sure the crackle paste didn't break off. After that I scrunched the petals and shaped them a little to give them shape and then hot glued the layers and added three small pearl beads in the middle to complete the flower.
 
 

Fiber Paste Flower made with Golden Fiber Paste

 


For the Fiber Paste flower I spread a somewhat thin layer of the Golden brand Fiber Paste out on my non stick craft mat and let it dry over night. Using my tattered floral die I cut 2 each of the large, medium and small flower out of the dried fiber paste.  Then I colored the flowers using worn lipstick and vintage photo spraying with water to blend the colors and dried with my heat tool. After that I shaped the flowers and scrunched them up in my hands to give them shape. I then layered them and glued them together with my hot glue gun and topped with a pearl bead.
 





0 comments: